Great opportunity to gain experience in the Farm-to-School movement!
Nourish and Sheboygan Area School District School Nutrition Department are collaborating for two part-time Farm to School AmeriCorp positions (full description linked):
- Nutrition Educator: AmeriCorps Farm to School Nutrition Educators will work with teachers and school food service directors by developing and implementing nutrition programs that will educate children about the benefits of making healthy food choices.
- Outreach Coordinator: The AmeriCorps Farm to School Community Outreach Coordinator will serve as a main liaison between schools and the community. They will educate food service directors about sourcing local, healthy foods for the school districts they serve and will create an action plan for laying out the steps necessary to procure local food into their programs. They will also be working with Nourish to recruit and mobilize volunteers to enhance and increase the capacity of the AC F2S program. This will include organizing a F2S Task Force within the school or community, recruiting farmers to present in the schools, organizing farm tours, and organizing snack preparation or food tastings.
Each AmeriCorps position will work in collaboration with the Sheboygan Area School District and a local, non-profit Nourish, supporting the Farm to School mission. As a half time position, the each position must serve 900 hours over the course of the program year: August 2018-August 2019. This is an average of 17 hours per week.
The Sheboygan Area School District is made up of 12 elementary schools, 3 middle schools, and 2 high schools. Nourish is a non-profit that works in collaboration with the SASD to educate the community on the importance of wholesome food choices. Nourish works collaboratively on Farm to School initiatives through the Farm to School and PEP Grants.
Each submission should include:
- 2018-19 DPI AmeriCorps Application Form
- Resume with three professional reference.
- Letter of interest explaining why you feel farm to school programming is important for Wisconsin schools and how your past experiences prepare you for the position.
By July 31, 2018 to Heather Bassett (email@example.com) by email or mail (Nourish, 1332 S 13th Street, Sheboygan, WI 53081). If sending electronically, please use the subject line: “SASD AmeriCorps Application.”
You may apply to both positions. Please indicate your preference.